Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Diaspora's Dream...


 





After three decades,
I'm back in my country again...
To see the sodden red earth and sand;
Once it was like the Eden,
with vines laden...
Alas! Now it's a barren land,
Now the Devils are gone,
I'm back at my home...
To breath the free air of
my motherland...
booming or blast or a ping of a bullet
Never, never shall our 
offsprings percieve...
All fair and dark 
with turban and fez...
Until to till the soil so fertile
I have the courage
I'll till and plough
And make my country
A green paradise...


P Nanayakkara



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna be a Rhythm Box STAR???

Hello Rhythm box fans...This is your chance!
Love to share your thoughts with
friends, who admire them...?
So here is the PARADISE for YOU...
Just take a minute to turn your smiles, tears and dreams
in to words and send us at
rhythmbox@rocketmail.com....
Visit us to see how they turn in to Marvelous creations...
We are looking forward to hear from you...

Thank you...

Sincerely,
Admins
RHYTHM BOX